Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm BAAAAAAAACK!!

Hey Blogging world I'm finally back to updating this ol blog of mine. I just needed to step back for a little bit to find my mojo again. Things have been like a rollercoaster lately, with some UPS and some DOWNS. It's a good thing that I love the rollercoaster otherwise I might be puking in the garbage by the hotdog stand at the amusement park. But I digress, let's play some catch up shall we, oh where to begin?

Let's start with family... Mom is back from Finland it was a rough trip for her, she too had some UPS and some DOWNS, my grandmother is doing well, my mom has made arrangments to make sure my grandmother is checked on daily and that she gets the help that she needs, this wasn't an easy task, my grandmother was VERY against the whole idea (at first), but my mom stayed strong and basically gave her two options, either you let someone come and help or you go into a nursing home, your choice. I'm proud of my mother, this was not easy for her, my grandmother, well she can be down right MEAN to my mom, she has always been very kind and loving to me, but not my mom. Grandma can be tough to deal with but man oh man she has all of her facilities still and at 90 years old that is pretty awesome, she is still sharp as a tool and knows more about what is going on in the world then my mom & I put together (which really isn't saying much since I know nothing HAHA). Here is a picture of my grandmother at her 90th birthday party while my mom was in Finland.



She also is not on any medication either well they just recently put her on 1 pill a day to help her from getting UTIs, but otherwise she is healthy as a horse, but stubborn as a mule. (Gee I'm so witty today, I feel like me again). Anyway, so mom is back and it is good to have her home (except for the smoking), we went up to Portsmouth, NH this past Sunday her friend Julie and my friend Gosia came along as well, it was a perfect day, until the restaurant I hostess at called and asked if I would come in to work, I felt bad for Pierce he really sounded strapped and I said sure but I won't be there until later we are just leaving NH. Remind me to tell you about the CRAZY lady who came in.

So the rest of the family is doing well also, dad and I are getting along pretty well lately, last Wednesday I went over for family dinner all the kids were there even Christos the adoptive brother (he's not really adopted he's just someone my father has sort of taken under his wing), my father also had this Greek guy over that he knows from the flower shop (he's a customer) his name is Stamatis he was a nice guy, I think Katerina was trying to fix me up with him, I'm like um no that's okay I don't date Greek guys, but I did invite him to come with us for Friday night sushi, he lives near where we go and everyone is invited. Anyway, so Wednesday night dinner was good, the kids are doing so well, and check out the picture my brother Vasilis took, he is a freshman in highschool and taking a photography class, this kid has an eye, he is such an artist by nature, you cannot believe some of the drawing, paintings and computer art that he has already done.



Now that you are caught up with the family lets talk about my trip to Portsmouth, NH, last Sunday my mom, Julie, Gosia & myself went up to Portsmouth for the day we left around 9:30am and went to the Sheraton for a nice brunch, from there we took a walk all around Portsmouth, I never realized how pretty it is up there. There were a lot of sights to see and we took some beautiful pictures. Here are a few but the rest you can find here





The weather started out a bit cloudy and chilly but as the day wore on it turned to blue skies and good temperatures. All in all it was a great day, my mom said that Portsmouth during Christmas time is absolutely breath taking, so if we have the time we might drive up one night to check it out. I like these little day trips we have been taking I am learning so much about New England and love to learn the history of these little towns. It still amazes me that we can live in a city like Boston yet drive an hour out and be in a town that is still small, you can't get much better then that.

The next place that I think some of us are going is Salem for Halloween, Gosia being from Poland has never really experienced Halloween so I say the best place for it, is Salem, MA, there is so much to do this month there and I'm trying to figure out which event will be the best one. So things are finally getting to be a bit normal again, I'm still working on some issues but overall I think I'll be okay I tell you it has something to do with autumn I always get down this time of year because I know the darkness and winter are coming, I'm not good during the cold months. But this year I'm going to try to not let it get me down. Wish me luck, and it feels good to be back.

4 Comments:

Cairde said...

Hey. Glad your back! I was just about to email you...I was worried. LOL. I worry easily. Sounds like a good time in Portsmouth. I went there once and enjoyed the waterfront.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back! It's so cool how many trips you take. I miss that part of my life before kids.

This time of year is hard on me also. I love the beauty of fall but the shorter days wreaks havoc on my mental health.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Good to see things are on the up and up. I haven't been to GR the past two weeks, so I've been out of touch as well.

Later,
Jim

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.